Sunday, August 15, 2004

Back in the U.S.A.

Well, I made it back here, but not without problems.

Friday night I did go out to the King's Head, albeit breifly, and then I returned to my favorite spot down by the river. It was a nice way to go out.

Satuday morning I woke up early and everyone cooked everything they had left so as not to waste food. Then the 5 of us on the group flight boarded a full-size coach (so that's where our money went) for the trip to the airport for a 4:00 flight. We finished check-in at 2:00, when we found out our flight was delayed til 8! We got 10 dollar meal vouchers (which we used to gorge ourselves at Burger King), but that doesn't make up for the 6 hours we spent in the airport doing god knows what to pass the time.

And then, our plane didn't take off for more than an hour. So by the time we landed, it was after midnight and the trains to Philly weren't running. So Deanna's parents were nice enough to drive me to their house and let me crash for the night.

Then, after breakfast, I hopped a train back here to Philly. After I do laundry and rest up, I'll be heading up to New York for the rest of my short break.

So, that's the story of my trip to London. I hope you had as much fun reading about it as I did living it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home