Tuesday, August 10, 2004

You win some, you lose some

So, monday was a big waste of time, to put it as gently as I can. In the morning we took a "Diana Walk", which really didn't relate to Diana at all, or anything else for that matter. We then took a self-guided tour of Kensington Palace, which was the most boring thing we've done here so far. We all sped through it as quick as we could - if we had actually paid the 10.50 for admission, we would've been majorly pissed.

Then in the afternoon our guest speaker was some PR guy. I really don't know nor care what he said, as I was too busy dying in the hottest classroom ever.

At night, I was still exhausted from the weekend, so I just turned in early.

Today was much better, however. In the morning we met our guide at the Imperial War Museum, which was possibly the most interesting one I've been to since I've been here. We only spent a couple hours, which wasn't nearly enough, and I'd like to go back but I really don't think I have time.

Then we took a Thames Cruise down to Greenwich. Instead of sitting on the top deck and burning in the hot sun, 6 of us went below and decided to make it as much of a booze cruise as we could in the 1 hour we had. We performed admirably, I think.

In Greenwich, we toured the Royal Observatory, which looked interesting but it was unbearably hot and the place smelled like B.O., or as I put it, "Europeans." I did take the requisite tourist shot on the Prime Meridien, so my father will be happy.

Then 5 of us went to a Middle Eastern restaurant for dinner, where we sampled lots of good stuff, and finished it off with tea and a hookah. It was a relaxing end to a busy day - it's kind of frightening to think there's only a few days left. I'll be home soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home